Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet.
- Come Hydda-Way!Project responsibilities include: editorial direction / project coordination / vendor editorial coordination / interviews / content writing / social media management + design / experiential design + installation / expert moving truck driver / amazon-ordering aficionado / close friend of the event’s on-site corndog stand Some may say print is dead, but I’d beg to […]
- poetry: the drive homethe drive home highway 19 changed its speed limit last month and finally caught up with the rest of the county. you always did 65 anyway, so it hardly matters. the big steer thirty feet above the interstate gas station is looking worn these days—could use a new paint job and a few more spots. […]
- poetry: 2 weeks noticeThis poem is pretty self-explanatory and was written during a time last fall where I felt trapped and couldn’t write (or think) about anything else. One of the craft tendencies I have in my work is to mimic and incorporate social media terms, slang, and format. As someone who works in digital media for my […]
- poetry: sundayLines scribbled on a Sunday and reformed into Monday’s poem for class. sunday bring your to-go cups and farmers market flowers. the cold wine from the sink. give remembrance to your 2am songs, your light beer cheers and the brewery dog named Archimedes. give hands to block sunlight, gritted with sunscreen, and others to hold […]
- New Year, More Writing!It’s been a while. I haven’t felt like anything I have to say has crystallized and I’ve been so busy in the “growing” phase of life that I felt like I couldn’t speak to it yet. Everything was moving so fast that at many times this fall, I was simply doing my best to hold […]
- The Apartment GremlinWorking from home alongside someone, and spending such extended periods of time in quarantine together creates a unique routine. I think we’ve all developed habits with our roomies (partners, friends, pets, etc.) that likely never would have existed if we weren’t stuck together for so long. There’s something beautiful in that to me. The wandering […]
Get my latest delivered directly to your inbox.